I baked some Double Chocolate Chip muffins for a friend recently. I adapted this recipe from Joy of Baking website. This recipe is one of my favourites as it gives out moist and soft muffins, probably from the yogurt.
I have modified the recipe by halving it, changing the blueberry to chocolate chips and other minor changes.
Makes about 6 regular size muffins or 7 slightly smaller size muffins.
130 ml yogurt (Can be flavoured or non flavoured, I used aloe vera flavour)
40ml vegetable oil (can be corn, canola or soya etc)
2.5ml vanilla essence
130gm (1 cup) all-purpose flour (I used cake flour for more cake texture)
15gm cocoa powder (I used Dutch processed)
50 grams sugar (I used 40gm brown sugar for added moist but and found that its still quite sweet for my liking)
3ml baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
120gm (1/2 cup) or more chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees.
2. Except for the sugar, sift all dry ingredients. Use a balloon whisk to whisk all dry ingredients in a bowl. (flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt)
3. In another bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients. (Egg, yogurt, oil, vanilla essence)
4. Pour chocolate chips into the dry ingredients bowl. Mix well.
5. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix with spatula until just combined and no traces of flour. (But don’t over mix as it may become hard muffins)
6. Spoon into muffin cups.
7. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
That’s it. It’s that easy and fast.