Today we had this “snack” as one of our side dishes for dinner. Even my little one who dislikes mushrooms loves it at first taste! 🙂
It’s fried Oyster mushrooms.
It may not look very appealing, but its so crispy and tasty, just like crackers.
It’s quite easy to make actually, especially if you have an air fryer. It’s healthy too, using very little oil compared to being deep fried.
Here’s how you can easily make it at home.
75gm Oyster Mushrooms
2 tbsp plain flour
1 tbsp corn flour
Pepper (to taste)
Salt (to taste)
1. Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. Wash the mushrooms and drain. Pat dry. Cut up the mushrooms into strips and marinate them in the flour mixture.
3. Brush little bit of oil on the base of the air fryer basket.
4. Lay the mushrooms on the basket.
5. Air fry them at 200 degrees for about 15 minutes.
Easy right? I supposed you can deep fry it if you don’t have an air fryer.
This is how Oyster Mushrooms look like in its raw form.
For sure this is going to be one of the finger food when guests come to our house in future. 🙂