My kiddo had high fever and vomited on Wednesday night. Caused by throat inflamation and possibly the 4 pieces of chocolates and biscuits she ate the night before. So to give her some “snacks” to fill up her stomach, I steamed some little cakes. “Steamie yummy cake”, as she puts it.
This little cake is not too sweet or oily. It also requires fewer ingredients. This is especially good when my kiddo’s body is “heaty”. Baked goods would be too “heaty”, so steamed goods would be a better option.
They are fluffy and soft when just taken out from the steamer. After cooled, they became spongy.
The taste may be a bit bland and not sweet enough for some, but adding other types of ingredients like cocoa powder, matcha powder, coffee granules, chocolate chips, raisins etc may enhance the flavour.
Recipe adapted from Cookpad
100 gm cake flour
30 gm sugar
60 ml water
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1. Sift the cake flour with the baking powder.
2. Add sugar and whisk. Add any other varieties such as chocolate chips, cocoa powder etc at this point.
3. Start the steamer on high fire.
4. Mix the water and egg mixture and pour into the dry ingredients. Add vegetable oil and mix well. (Next time I will add coconut oil for the added flavour)
5. Put into muffin tray or little cupcake tray and steam for about 13 to 15 minutes.
Makes about 4 to 5 normal muffin size or for me it was 16 mini size. The tray I used was meant for another type of cake but I used it for this.
Since the fever, my kiddo been saying no more chocolates and “heaty” yummy biscuits for herself. Hmm… we shall see if she can resist.